The Spring Equinox has been and gone and I hope we can now look forward to some serious days of sunshine and long balmy evenings as we move into the third week of linky Tweens, Teens & Beyond hosted by myself and my fellow Tween & Teen Bloggers, Sharon from After The Playground and Nicky from Not Just The Three Of Us.
When we first started bouncing ideas around for this linky we were hopeful that it would help to identify some new bloggers, but we have been delighted by just how many have been encouraged to join us in the first two weeks and hope in time our community will grow some more. This linky is open to all proud owners of Tweens & Teens as well as non-parents with a story to tell of their own – because we all have at least one – so please don’t be shy – link up and join in.
Last week’s posts were all fantastic and interestingly there was a common theme running through many about our teens growing up and moving on in the world and the simultaneous pride and sorrow of that moment. It really was tough to pick just one but we all agreed on Nigel at DIY Daddy and his post Oh No! A Text I Never Wanted To Read. Nigel has previous experience of saying “farewell” to one of his older daughters when she moved to university, but despite this he is now facing the agony of having to go through it again with his eldest as she plans a move to Australia.
A clearly devoted father, Nigel has always encouraged his daughter to reach for the stars and make her dreams come true yet, it still doesn’t make the harsh reality of that moment of parting any easier to bear. This is a real tear-jerker of a tale and a wonderful insight into the bond between Nigel and his girls. Please take a read if you haven’t already.
Now on to the less exciting but nonetheless important part of the linky – the rules – PLEASE give them a read before you head off into linky la la land and we look forward to reading your posts.
The linky opens at 10am every Tuesday and closes at midnight on Thursday.
Please could you:
- Grab the Tweens,Teens & Beyond badge and add it to the bottom of your post or your side bar.
- Link up one post, old or new (sponsored and review posts are welcome) that relate to children over the age of 10 years (Tweens, Teens or young adult children) and midlife and tweet us @motherofteensuk, @DrSharonParry1 and @NotJustThe3OfUs
- Comment on the hosts’ posts and AT LEAST one other of your choice using the linky hashtag #TweensTeensBeyond.
- Share any posts that you love, we are all about sharing!
What we will do for you:
- All three of us will comment on your post and share it on Twitter.
- Your post will be pinned to the #TweensTeensBeyond Linky Pinterest Board
- Each week, we will select our favourite post which will be featured on all of our sites and shared on Social Media
- By entering the link you are agreeing to be added to the email reminder list. (You can request to be removed at any time!)