I took some time out last week from the linky but I did manage to catch up with reading the wonderful selection of posts. As always it is tough to pinpoint a favourite but in a week dedicated to Mental Health Awareness here in the UK, our vote this week goes to Suzanne at Inside, Outside & Beyond and her post on Parenting A Child With Mental Illness.
Suzanne and her family have endured a lot of heartache over the last few years as her eldest daughter has battled with her mental health and this post is a honest and raw account of their experience. It is also a post filled with love and hope for the future as they prepare to celebrate her daughter’s 18th birthday. As parents we never know what lies around the corner and it is posts like Suzanne’s that remind us to be ever mindful of what is happening in the lives of our tweens and teens and continue to raise awareness of this very important issue.
If you are new to our link-up this is a place to share your posts related to children who are in the secondary stage of schooling and beyond i.e. the tweens, teens and young adults as well as any stories related to midlife.
We look forward to reading your posts, in the meantime, don’t forget to spread the Linky love and share the posts you have enjoyed reading here.
The linky opens at 10am every Tuesday and closes at midnight on Thursday.
Please could you:
- Grab the Tweens,Teens & Beyond badge and add it to the bottom of your post or your side bar – if you need help message any of us and we will help you out.
- Link up one post, old or new (sponsored and review posts are welcome but not other linky’s please) that relate to children over the age of 10 years (Tweens, Teens or young adult children) and midlife.
- Tweet us @motherofteensuk, @DrSharonParry1 and @nickykentisbeer
- Comment on the hosts’ posts and AT LEAST one other of your choice using the linky hashtag #TweensTeensBeyond
- Share any posts that you love, we are all about sharing!
What we will do for you:
- All three of us will comment on your post and share it on Twitter.
- Your post will be pinned to the #TweensTeensBeyond Linky Pinterest Board
- Each week, we will select our favourite post which will be featured on all of our sites and shared on Social Media
- By entering the link you are agreeing to be added to the email reminder list. (You can request to be removed at any time!)